mumble

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

¡ Soy una botanista! ¿Cuanta cuesta el sombrero?

Sometimes I read my posts and wonder what exactly I was on while writing. I'm even tempted to delete them but then decide against it because hell, it's still me. I'm stupid sometimes and there's no use pretending otherwise. Once I'm a diplomat or agent for CSIS or something maybe I'll go through and delete the more embarrassing bits but until then, (I'm expecting that phone call any day now), I'll just leave well enough alone. A few months ago I was having dinner with a friend of several years and she asked me, "You don't drink, right?" I said no and she said, "That's what I thought but I swear I can remember you being drunk." Seriously, why bother with booze when I can just skimp on sleep?

Tomorrow I plan on baking bread. The best part is the smell of it in the oven. I've been meaning to try baguettes for a while but it seemed pointless because we had no salted butter in the house. Believe me, there is little that tastes better than hot from the oven bread and salted butter. If I actually make some and they turn out well, I'll post a picture. I'm not too happy with my instant yeast though; I'd like to try fresh. I should check if the grocery store by my house has any but it seems unlikely.

I have very strange allergies. I must be allergic to something specific because I'm fine mowing the lawn and today I was in the ravine by my house which was full of dandelions, wildflowers and weeds but was fine but I was horribly sniffley in High Park yesterday. I love the ravine. It's full of birds and butterflies and small animals. With all the reeds growing it's hard to tell that it's a concrete channel and not a real creek running through it. Today I only saw a red-winged blackbird but I could hear ducks hidden somewhere by the water. There's a big willow and flowering crabapple trees; very pretty for what it is. I used to walk through everyday when I was in high school and could see foxes, ground hogs, raccoons, skunks sometimes. I remember going there to think and cry under the willow when I got my first (completely unsuitable) proposal at 18. There's nothing like sunlight and grass to make me feel better.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:03 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    i'd like some of that bread, please =)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home