mumble

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Shotgun Wedding

It's April fool's day. One of my best friends in high school moved State-side before we graduated but she'd come back and visit and we kept in touch at first. She was real sweet and quite gullible and my plan was to freak her out by calling on April 1 st to tell her I'd been married off by my parents (since she knew they'd been casting around for that NBB since I was about 17). I'd say it had been a real last minute thing with some out of towner and then there'd be much screaming, squealing and "Is he the skinny, goofy nerd of your dreams?" before I confessed. I never did do it, forgetting about April 1st unless someone else pranked me, and now we've totally lost touch. I can't even call her since I had my phone book stolen (as a consequence of having my bag stolen). So now I feel sad, not because I can never pull that joke on her but because she was one of my favourite people and I haven't spoken to her in maybe three years.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:17 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What was her name, and what high school were you in? It's more than likely you can search her online, or facebook, google, or school alumni directory.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home