mumble

Monday, May 01, 2006

Spring has sprung, it's finally come....

I work for no money. Volunteer. It's not too bad; the worst of it is the crap music they have going. I could listen to my MP3 player or Walkman but I don't want to seem anti-social. It's bad enough that I hide out at the back of the lab when possible and keep conversation to a minimum. I just feel weird there. Like I don't fit in. I'm not a student, I'm not an employee. I'm just someone who's messed up a great deal and is finally doing something constructive about it. But it's depressing. I should be preparing to defend my Master's thesis now, according to the 'Big Plan' of how my life's supposed to be. I guess one shouldn't get hung up on things like that. I'm trying to fix things. Slowly.

I'm learning stuff, interesting and useful things I can stick on my resume. I do a bunch of grunt work too, some of which is super sucky, like washing glassware and some of which I rather enjoy, like mixing soil. I love doing that, it's relaxing. Feels like working with dough. I don't bother with gloves.

I did this year's first grass cutting on Wednesday. Weather is getting warmer now, soon I can start my sun worshipping. Every year I vow this will be the year of sunscreen but it doesn't last more than a week. Sometimes I'll see something on skin cancer and try again for a few days in July. Forget New Year's resolutions, I'm making some for May Day.

1) Use sunscreen
2) Drink water
3) Talk to people in the lab

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home